Being a pension scheme trustee is harder than ever. Trustees are subject to ever-increasing responsibilities across the entire range of their duties.
How we can help
Our overriding aim is to help trustees meet these responsibilities by providing practical advice in a user-friendly form. The areas where we can help trustees include the following:
- Explaining trustees' duties and responsibilities
- Advising trustees on the requirements of their scheme rules
- Providing practical advice on the exercise of trustee discretions
- Advising on the legal and practical operation of the Trustee Board and how the trustees can delegate responsibilities
- Providing up to date advice on the legal issues facing trustees, including legislative change
- Preparing and reviewing comprehensive user-friendly pensions documentation
- Advising in "crisis" situations (for example, in relation to funding issues) where the trustees need quick, practical and proactive advice
- Providing a full service to trustees on scheme wind-ups
- Advising trustees in relation to scheme governance issues, such as conflicts of interest
Sackers trustee training programme
Our trustee training programme is specifically designed to meet the needs of your scheme and will be tailored to your level of knowledge and expertise.
Modules are presented by Sackers experts who will help you meet the knowledge and understanding requirements in the Pensions Act 2004 and will guide you through existing rules and new rules.
Read more about our trustee training programme to learn about the modules offered and their content.
Back to the top